Kathryn H. Sligh
Kathryn Harper Sligh practices in the areas of family law, probate, debt collection, construction, and mechanic’s liens. In the family law area, she handles the full spectrum of cases including divorce, adoption, custody, high net worth division of assets, child support, grandparents rights and alimony. She has served as lead and co-counsel on hundreds of family court cases. She also frequently assists contractors and subcontractors with collection matters and mechanic’s liens. She is admitted to practice in the state and federal courts of South Carolina.
Kathryn has received the prestigious AV Preeminent Peer Reviewed Rating from Martindale-Hubbell. She began her career in Conway in 2008 at Singleton Burroughs & Young, P.A. where she worked alongside and was mentored by Joey Singleton and Joe Burroughs. In 2016, the firm name became Singleton, Burroughs, Young, & Sligh, P.A. where she practiced until the formation of Sligh Law Firm, P.A.
A Conway native, Kathryn attended Carolina Forest High School and then the University of South Carolina as an undergraduate where she earned a degree in political science. She then enrolled in the University of South Carolina School of Law where she graduated in 2008. She served as the chair of the Law Honor Council and as managing editor of the Southeastern Environmental Law Journal. She was awarded the Bronze Compleat Lawyer Award in 2008.
Kathryn is a member of the Pilot Club of Conway of which she is a past president. She and her family attend Union United Methodist Church where she serves on the Trustees Committee. Kathryn and her husband, David, reside in downtown Conway with their 3 children: Burch (7), John (5), and Will (2). She enjoys spending time with her family and boating on the river.
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina
- Honors: Awarded the Bronze Compleat Lawyer Award in 2008
- Honors: Former Chair, University of South Carolina School of Law Honor Council
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, South Carolina
- B.A. - 2005
- Member, Union United Methodist Church
- Member, Peter Horry Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution
- Member, Pilot Club of Conway
- Former Member, Juvenile Justice Clinic
- Horry County Bar
- South Carolina Bar
- Family Law
- Adoptions Law
- Probate, Wills and Estates
- Construction Litigation
- Step Parent Adoption
- Grand Parent Adoption and Custody
- Name Changes
- South Carolina, 2008
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina, 2009