Estate Planning Tailored To Fit Your Needs
Unfortunately, life tends to ignore even our most thought-out plans and goals. This uncertainty means that estate planning is never something that can be created after it’s needed. Too often, South Carolina families are left wondering what someone’s best wishes were because they never made them clear or wrote them down.
Everyone, no matter your age, can benefit from an estate plan. At , our attorneys help clients in Myrtle Beach and throughout the Grand Strand region protect their properties and care for their families after they are gone.
Planning For The Future
A few simple estate planning tools can provide financial security and peace of mind. At , we work closely with our clients to develop estate plans that are specifically tailored to their needs.
Common estate planning tools may include:
- Wills: A well-drafted will allows you to designate what happens to your property after you are gone. A will can also help reduce interfamily fighting and ensure family heirlooms are passed to the correct person.
- Testamentary trusts: Trusts allow you to control how property is used after you are gone, and provide security by managing property, businesses and money for beneficiaries.
- Guardianships and conservatorships: Our lawyers can guide you through the process of establishing a guardianship or conservatorship so you can make decisions on behalf of a loved one.
- Powers of attorney: As we age, managing finances and investments may become too difficult. Naming a trusted agent to manage money and assets on your behalf will help ensure your bills are paid and finances handled when you are no longer able to do so.
- Living wills: During old age, illness or incapacitation, individuals are often no longer able to communicate their health care wishes. A health care directive, or health care power of attorney, allows you to name a trusted individual to make decisions on your behalf.
- Health care directives: Many people have strong beliefs regarding end-of-life health care and life-supporting technologies. Through a living will, you can designate which life-sustaining procedures you do and do not want to be administered.
Our lawyers take the time to understand your financial and property holdings as well as your family dynamics, then draft estate planning documents that achieve your goals. In addition to estate planning, our firm also assists with estate administration and provides strong representation during probate litigation including will contests and disputes involving personal representatives.
Let’s Create Your Individualized Plan
Being proactive when it comes to your estate plan can prevent countless hours of stress and anguish for your loved ones down the road. It provides a guideline and peace of mind for those you care about most, should something unthinkable happen.
Located in Conway and serving clients throughout the Myrtle Beach region, our firm drafts and reviews estate plans, and litigates probate disputes for clients in Horry and Georgetown county. To schedule a consultation, contact our office or give us a call at 843-919-7747.